Friday, April 23, 2010

Epic Dreams

One year ago this weekend I began my adventure of a lifetime. I truly believed that completing this journey I had dreamed of for so long would "cure" me of this silly bicycle stuff. It didn't. Ever since I returned, I've been longing to get back on the open road, camping in the majesty of nature with my destiny in the hands of only myself and God. I guess I haven't fully adjusted back into "normal" life. I feel uncomfortable back in the corporate world and perhaps I never was. I can't shake this nagging feeling that I am meant for something else. But what?!

The good news is that I discovered a wonderful side effect of making time to fulfill your dreams - you get to dream up new ones!

And so as I sit in this cold windowless box ensuring someone else makes lots of money, I dream of my next adventure. It might not be as grand as the last one - or perhaps it will be even more epic! Either way its nice to dream and I can't wait.

As Whitney sings in the final video of my trip - "My finest day is yet unknown"

2 comments:

Thohea said...

The sad irony is Whitney's finest day was probably the day that song hit #1. ;-)

I can't believe a year has past since the start of your trip. Perhaps you would be happier being a tramp; A wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support, that is.

denbec said...

Whitney's story certainly is a sad one. She is a national treasure and I hope she can someday make a real comeback.

As for me I just don't know. I might be able to pull off a slutty tramp but I doubt I would enjoy being a wondering one. I'm too much of a geek with a touch of OCD that wouldn't allow me to enjoy life without some sort of structure. It will come to me - whatever it is. I just hope it does so soon.