Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Air Sick

CEO's of major airlines keep telling us that the reason they are charging extra fees for things that should be included in the ticket price is for the customers benefit. It gives us more "choices" and makes their pricing "fair".

I've never heard a bigger piece of crap.

I'm just trying to get to South Dakota from Florida to visit my ailing Mother and the base fare is still over $550.00 - not including food, checked and/or carry-on bags, and fuel surcharge. By the time I board that plane it will cost me well over $600.00 for a domestic coach ticket! I don't have a "choice" and it certainly isn't "fair".

A note to CEO's everywhere: Stop coming up with this stupid "word play". We are smarter than you think and you are making your companies look very foolish to the consumer. When we really do get a choice at something fair, we will remember who tried to screw us.

UPDATE 4/20/10 - Spirit Airlines announces "pre-reclined" seats on it's new plane. Pre-reclined!! LOL You got it - those are seats that don't move at all. Nice. This is totally going to ruin Ellen DeGeneres's stand up routine.

No comments: