Monday, January 09, 2006

Preaching to the Choir

I'd like to make a positive difference in this world - possibly through my Blog. But it occurred to me that people really only read things they already agree with. So I decided to make a point of reading something that differs with my point of view. My Supervisor at work, who is the political opposite of me, had this book carefully placed in her office so I thought I'd take a look. The name of the book is "The Enemy Within" by Michael Savage.

I only got about 20 pages in and couldn't continue. What a Nazi that dude is! I sincerely hope all Republicans are not that off base.

This short literary adventure didn't change my mind or make me lean any further to the right. But, despite a bad choice here, I still want to read things I don't necessarily agree with - and I hope other people do too.

No comments: