Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Patriot Act BS

The White House is twisting reality around again to promote their agenda. I'm referring to the current debate over the Patriot Act.

I would like to remind my gentle readers that numerous probes and inquiry's have proven that there was no lack of information that lead up to the 9/11 attack. There were plenty of clues. The problem was the lack of communication between various Government agencies - through several Administrations. We need to resolve those communication gaps in order to prevent another tragedy.

The Patriot Act, on the other hand, does not rest well with me. Personally, I have always been the type of person that has nothing to hide. But the provisions of the Patriot Act are seriously invading a person's right to privacy. And what will they do with all this personal information? I can only imagine it will somehow help big business pad their bottom line. This administration has used 9/11 as an excuse for many political gains and I think the Patriot Act is just another example.

The Government does not have the right to know every detail of our lives. And despite our seriously off balance administration, I hope our good Politicians can recognize that fact and edit the Patriot Act into a useful but non-intrusive article.

No comments: