Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006!

I can tell it's a new year - not because I woke with a headache or flipped the calendar - the evidence is at the gym. I hate going to the gym right after New Years. It was packed today with people who had clearly made resolutions to get back in shape. Sadly I know that in a couple of weeks I won't be waiting for machines anymore.

I applaud those that made a resolution to get back into shape, I only wish people would stick with it. Having done a little traveling to other countries, I can report that Americans are by far the most out of shape. In my opinion there is nothing more important than taking care of your body - you simply can not live without it.

Good health should not be a resolution that fades after a couple of weeks - it should be a lifetime commitment. However, a resolution is a good place to start and for those who may read this with that resolution in mind, I wish you a lifetime of good health. If you can stick with it regularly (that is the key) for at least a month, you will more than likely be hooked.

I wish everyone a Blessed, Happy and Healthy 2006!

No comments: