Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Average American Has a Blog

You may have noticed in my blog thesis that I call myself “Your Basic Average Dude”. Why you ask? Well let me explain.

I read a lot of periodicals and news stories – especially on the Internet. Most of these stories prove their points by saying things like:

“The average American shops at….”
Or
“The average American drives a……”
Or
“The average American’s daily commute is …….”

Well, you get the picture. I’m just amazed at how often I fit right into the neat little statistic they came up with. And I guess it suits me. I don’t consider myself above average and I certainly don’t want to be below average. So I am “Your Basic Average Dude”.

And just for the record, while it happens with amazing frequency, I’m not always exactly average. ;)

No comments: