Tuesday, April 03, 2012

No Romney Please!

I am no fan of Rick Santorum - he is way, way WAY too conservative extremist for me and America. But I have to say - when comparing him to Romney - I'd have to choose Rick. At least Rick has the guts to speak his mind and can speak of his (horrible) vision of America. He owns his hatred and bigotry. Meanwhile, I'm listening to Romney right now give a victory speech in the Primaries and all I hear from him is lies and more lies about President Obama. His supporters are cheering wildly. It's very sad that a person can run for President on a platform of lies and misconceptions. And it's very worrisome that so many people can support that person without question. The Republican party itself is not that thrilled with Mitt either - but all agree "anyone but Obama". It's horrifying to think this man could be our President. I can't believe we would "settle" for this man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am struck that the conservatives have been hating on President Obama for over 3 yrs and yet their candidates are so weak! Then I remember that oft repeated phrase.

Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall into line.

They are going to hold their nose and vote for Romney despite his lies and distortions because he's one of them.

For me, as disappointed as I am that 'my agenda' didn't get passed in Congress ( :-) ), President Obama is the best choice for us now. I believe most women agree with me too.

Now about that strip search ruling from the Supreme Court...wow.

Happy Hump Day!
Lisa in Indy

denbec said...

The Supreme Court has made some very bad decisions lately - first saying corporations are people and now that people can be strip searched without cause. This is just unbelievable! How can this be considered defending the Constitution when it totally strips people of their personal liberty (pun intended). And to think the fate of the monumental health care reform is in the hands of this group who are supposed to be impartial. Scary!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you about this book I'm reading: The People's History of the United States, by Howard Zinn. I saw it referenced on a liberal site and read the reviews and asked hubby to order it. He would normally say, let's go to the library and get it but after reading the reviews decided he wanted to read it too. He prepares for his citizenship exam coming soon.

Anyway, if you like history, this is the book to read. I have to admit though, that parts of it made me cry. It's a ginormous book, about 700 pages, and I'm at page 160 and it has changed my perspective about our history. The history we were taught in school and these pages do not support that teaching.

You may not have time to dedicate to such a book but please put it on your 'book to read' list. It is a true and honest description of our history.

Family coming for a weekend visit, so must go now.

Happy Easter!
Cheers, Lisa in Indy