Friday, March 23, 2012

Variety - a Suggestion Not a Rule

I am not a picky eater and have always believed that variety is the spice of life. Several years ago I started eating yoghourt for desert instead of ice cream thinking it was possibly a healthier choice. I'd go to the store and pick 2 blueberry ones, 2 strawberry ones, maybe a vanilla or I'd try some other fun flavors. But when I went to enjoy one I always got a little disappointed when I realized the blueberry ones were gone. Or I'd see the blueberry one but figure I should try one of the others instead. Oh I enjoyed the other flavors too but just not as much. I did this for quite a while before I finally said to myself "Denny (I call myself Denny sometimes) - why don't you just by the blueberry ones?". I've never been happier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that way about beer. After living in Germany, I fell in love with Hefeweisen beer. It's a light wheat and in Germany, it's not flavored with oranges or whatever it is they add to beer in the states these days. I did what you did. I drank Miller lite as a substitute for awhile, but just really missed the Hefe. I did what you did. I just started getting the Hefe and although I'm happier, my waistline is suffering!
Cheers! Prost! Salute!
Lisa

denbec said...

I have the opposite problem with beer. I like to try varieties and have several imports I count as favorites. But, all the imports or micro-brews are much more expensive and, as you mentioned, also have a lot more calories. So, I am "stuck" with Bud Light most of the time. However it is hard to be too disappointed with any beer. :)

Salute! Prost! Cheers!

Thohea said...

Just how many varieties does Activia have to choose from? :-)