Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Workin The Night Shift

I've never been a morning person and some years ago - quite by accident - I learned that I enjoy working non-standard hours. Actually, looking back I've done so a good deal of my life as I started out in food service jobs where I worked during the dinner hours. After moving to Florida in 1990 I took a 2nd shift job because that was all that was available and I worked at that position for 6 months. I always felt that I needed to get a "real" job during the day in order to be successful. But after finally getting that day job I found that I was tired all the time and I longed to be outside during the daylight hours. Eventually I took another 2nd shift job and have been working 2nd shift for the last 13 years - it fits well with my life and I do feel successful.

I quit my job last year to pursue my dream of a cross country bicycle adventure and during the trip I thought a lot about how to find another 2nd shift job when I returned. All the major job sites concentrate on day shift jobs and if you want to find jobs after 5pm you have to use your search words for the shift and not for the job title. I realized a niche job market exists for people like me and so I decided to start a job site for non-standard shifts. I finally launched the site this month!

Commerce doesn't stop after 5pm and I hope my new job site will be beneficial not only to people like me who enjoy working evenings but also to employers who need workers for hospitals, airports, manufacturing, service industry, adult venues, security, 24 hour IT operations etc. NightOwlStaffing.com is completely free for both job candidates and employers so I hope everyone will take advantage of this site. You can help me launch this site by posting your jobs and resumes now. Just go to www.nightowlstaffing.com and sign up as either an employer or job seeker or both - it's easy and it really is FREE!

3 comments:

Andre said...

Brilliant!

What a great (and creative) idea.

A site like this would have been of immense help to me a couple of years ago when I was looking for "after hours" work.

I hope this site becomes immensely successful and makes you fabulously wealthy ( and that you end up buying a beach front mansion right next to Rush Limbaugh!).

Very impressed.

denbec said...

Thanks Andre! Welcome back - you went missing for a little while. Rush would enjoy living next to me - He would have something REAL to talk about. :)

Thohea said...

Yes Dennis, Brilliant! I've forwarded the site on to a couple friends of mine who are business owners and asked them to spread the word.

Thumbs up!