Thursday, September 13, 2007

Media Mahem

I love Rosie O'Donnell. I'm not the type that gets star struck and I don't know if I consider my admiration for Rosie as such but I bring it up for a very important reason. I was delighted when I heard she would be the moderator on The View and I watched every episode of the show last year. At the same time I discovered Rosie's Blog and read it daily as well. But the media depiction of events that happened on the show - and even things in her blog are totally inaccurate to the events that really happened if you watched the show or read the blog. This became a big eye opener for me. It seems most things you watch on TV or see in the tabloids and even reputable newspapers and magazines are twisted and edited for dramatic effect. Apparently truth doesn't sell as well as drama. Please always keep that in mind whenever you read or view something that you didn't see for yourself.

By the way, the truth about Rosie, in my opinion, is that she is one of the most brilliant, generous and incredibly real celebrities I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.

No comments: