Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Astro Gets His Wings

I believe that life continues after our physical existence on this earth is completed and I hope our pets continue to the same place. My dear friend Astro entered the spirit world yesterday and I will miss him dearly. There is no way to explain in written word how incredible this dog was – so human in his actions and expressions. In his youth he empowered so much energy and jest for life. Often stubborn but with a smartness you don’t expect from an animal. He often sat on my lap at the table on the deck while friends chatted over a beer – listening intently as if he had something to add. Like another person, he slept in the bed with his head on the pillow, by morning stretched out sideways as my partner and I clung to the edge. But life is sadly short for dogs and soon he wasn’t able to get in the bed anymore. As he aged and his health became more dependant on me, I learned valuable lessons on respect for life which is often not easy or convenient. At the tender age of around 110 (16 people years), his life has ended but his incredible spirit lives on in the hearts of those who knew him. And I believe his spirit also lives in a place where I will one day see him again. Rest in peace Astro.

No comments: