Thursday, September 13, 2007

Immaculate Conceptions Are On The Rise.

I still watch The View even though Rosie isn't on it - and I really like Woopie too so its all good. Today the two conservative co-hosts (Elizabeth and Sherrie - welcome Sherrie!) were flabbergasted at the suggestion that children in Jr. High School should be shown the correct way to use condoms. I don't know what world they live in but in my world that is exactly when kids start talking and thinking about sex. I've said before the time to think about birth control is before the conception. Kids WILL have sex and if you don't talk to them about it or allow schools to teach sex education, they will also get pregnant or catch a life threatening disease. It happened in my school and I guarantee it happens in every school - even the church schools. Conservatives like to believe that abstinence training works best. I'm here to tell you it doesn't work at all. It is a myth. Peer pressure is much stronger than Parent pressure. Do some research on teen pregnancy. I'm sure nearly all those kids were told not to have sex.

Educating children about protected sex does not encourage them to do it. It protects them from it. If you deny this reality then I hope you enjoy your early grandchildren.

No comments: