Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Crickets

You may have noticed I haven't been posting much lately. It certainly isn't because I haven't got anything to say - I have plenty! But, there is so much bla, bla, bla coverage of the election and politics it seems like I wouldn't be able to come up with anything original. But I'm not being totally silent - there is too much at stake in this coming election. So for the moment I've decided to take my virtual voice over to USA Today and other online publications to help counter the obvious effort by the Super PACs to use the comment sections as their political podium. There you will find hundreds and thousands of anti-Obama negative commentary from folks with fake Facebook accounts who claim they can't stand to read that particular "rag". Their rhetoric is predictable and scripted as if they all attend the same meeting to learn how to turn a story about kittens into an attack on Obama's policies. So, on a few carefully chosen articles I like to put in some reasonable, common sense responses to counter the constant barrage of negativity. This seems to piss them off as I've been called an idiot a lot. I must be doing something right!

Also, I try not to use my own Facebook account for political discussion - but I do comment on other people who post obviously false or misleading items. Most of them have shared a link without ever doing the research to see if it is actually true. I don't know if any of this will make a difference since the country seems so clearly divided. But I must do my part to at least make a voter go "hmmmmm." This election is critically important as I've said before. This time we choose between corporations and people. I will do whatever little part I can to make sure America stays in the hands of people.

I wonder how many of those fake Facebook accounts belong to Andre who seems to have gone missing too? LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny to read your last sentence because just yesterday, I thought the same exact thing! Where's Andre? LOL

Welcome back and I hope you had an excellent vacation.
Lisa

denbec said...

Thanks Lisa! I had a really great vacation this year. It was so active I feel like I need another one to recover. LOL Happy 4th of July to you and all my many many readers! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you too! In my sleepy, not quite awake post, I forgot it was a holiday! Cheers and enjoy your day off (hopefully).
Lisa