Friday, December 02, 2005

Empty Alters

So the new Pope thinks that homosexuals shouldn't be priests. Good luck with that! Personally, I don't think the problem is with homosexuals, I think the problem is with celibacy. It is un-natural for a human being (or any being) to suppress their sexuality. Doing so only creates sexually frustrated people who will eventually act on that frustration - regardless of their sexual identity.

This is a clear case of treating a symptom and ignoring the cause.

Just for the record, I do have a theory on why there are so many homosexual priests in the Catholic Church. The church teaches that homosexual conduct is not acceptable and so homosexuals must remain celibate. If a person is condemned to a life of celibacy, why not just become a priest? I can speak on some authority about this topic because it nearly happened to me. I thought of becoming a priest once for just that reason. Thankfully I realized that celibacy is a ridiculous notion and so I didn't become a priest. However, I was an alter boy for many years and never once was inappropriately touched by a priest - many of whom I'm sure were homosexual. So either there are many good homosexual priests, or I was just a really unattractive alter boy.

No comments: