Friday, September 23, 2005

Cause of homosexuality revealed

The religious, scientific and psychiatric communities have long debated over the root cause of Homosexuality. I have their answer:

Unprotected Heterosexual Intercourse.

It is no more a disease, disorder, or chosen "lifestyle" than being born with brown hair or blue eyes. Why this debate continues amazes me - just ask one! I will use myself as an example.

I was born and raised in a very (very) rural part of South Dakota - the 3rd of seven children. We only had one TV for most of our formidable years and only 2 or 3 channels that "almost" came in. We had very little contact with other people as we lived in the country. Our parents didn't allow us to sleep over at other people's homes, we were not involved in after school sports or other activities especially in the younger years. My parents were very strict Catholics and raised us in the faith. My parents were happily married and we were, for all intents and purposes, a "normal" family.

Yet I can remember having a crush on a boy in the first grade. Where would I have learned this behavior? And why only me and not the rest of my siblings? This feeling brought me much grief because it wasn't supposed to be that way. Trust me, if this is something that could be prayed away, I would have been released long ago. "Please God, let me be normal" I prayed daily from that first crush all the way into my college years. Mind you, I didn't have sex with anyone until I was 23 years old. Finally in my late college years I changed my prayer - "If this is your will God, let me accept it". Little did I know that both prayers were answered. This IS normal - and finally I can accept it.

The fact is I didn't learn it - I was born this way. I was created this way and so were millions of others in every place and every race. Why would God create so many homosexuals? I'm afraid I don't have that answer. But I'm pretty sure God does have a reason and I doubt he would be pleased that so many people are calling his creation a mistake.

4 comments:

Ed said...

I found that interestin about homosexuality, i can see your point, i am wondering - your "crush" as a young boy, for another boy...was it sexual? marital? you mean you wanted to marry him? did you want to have sex with him? kiss him? My question is what exactly did you want from him? We're you afraid of him?
I mean I feel I can ask that because in grade one I so seriously wanted to marry a girl I so seriously loved. remember beign amazingly attracted and amazingly impressed with another boy when I was young too, I was afraid of him becasue I wanted him so much and feared his disinterest. I was obsessed - but i never wanted sex with him, but i wanted to bond badly, same as an adult - amazed and obsessed by other men, wanting to bond badly, but never wanted to have sex enter the picture - sex had a life of it's own for something else.
Sometimes I wonder whether sexuality and bonding get mismatched.
I mean, to have sex with another man, is sex... and to bond and make love to another man, can be just love, like a hug a kiss a handshake, cuddling.
I'm not a homosexual but I cuddle, hug and kiss guys. For me, To have sex with them is unecesesary...is it different in that it is necessary for you?
...curious on your thoughts
Ed
dee9light@yahoo.com

denbec said...

Thanks for your thoughts Ed. My crush in grade school was just that - a crush. It wasn't sexual and I'm not sure how to explain it but I liked him so much and wanted him to like me too. Interestingly, I also had a crush on a girl at the same time - but she kicked me in the 6th grade so that was it for her. LOL As I said in the original post, I didn't have sex until I was 23 but in my teens, as with any teenager, I wanted a sexual experience. My attraction was to other boys so I never acted on it for fear of getting beat up. But let me assure you - my imagination went wild.

As for the bonding vs sex comment - I agree with you on that. I have many female friends that I bond with and feel close to. But I have no sexual feelings for them.

Sexuality and attraction is so different for each person. That is why it is so dangerous to try to group people into nice little descriptions like gay and straight. I think there are many levels, many variations.

Ben Hamilton said...

I don't want to degrade your religious beliefs, I was raised Catholic too, but I think this whole idea of God making you a certain way is dilusional. I apologize for using insulting words, but I think they're appropriate for this post. A simple examination of history tells us that people have done same-sex acts since history has been recorded. Men and men, women and women, men and women, it's all be done before.
What I think is really perverted is society's obsession with it. I am Christ, I have never seen so many damn "Christins" concerned with what people of the same-sex do in their private lives. People need to mind their own business. American culture makes it taboo for people to have same-sex attractions, when it's completely natural for everyone to have one at a certain level at some time in their life. Some people act on it, some don't. Big deal wither way! Some are gay, some are bi, some are straight. Who cares?
God didn't make you gay. That would be like saying that God is vengeful, wanting you to live a life of torment and risk getting physically and emotionally hurt. God, wouldn't do that, at least the God I believe in. It's like God automatically sending you to hell. (No offense meant.)

denbec said...

No offense taken Ben - I appreciate everyone's views weather they agree or disagree. I still believe I was created the way I am. But I don't think God did it as a punishment to me. That punishment only comes from people's behavior and judgments. The God I believe in isn't vengeful - he is loving, a friend. God created many differnet types of people and it's our job to try to embrace these differences and try to get along. Maybe that's the whole point - after all, God clearly could have created us all the same.