Wednesday, November 02, 2011

It's Not the President They Want Out

I had an appointment for a medical scan today where I waited to be seen for over an hour in a crowed waiting room. Why medical professionals think they can overbook and waste people's time like that is beyond me. Anyway we were all sitting quietly for quite some time when someone foolishly decided to start a conversation on politics. I didn't say much and just nodded and smiled because I wanted to see what the current political temperature was amongst this group of mostly seniors. As it turns out everyone waiting were Democrats and it wasn't long before the conversation got loud and heated. You would think with all the media coverage and Tea Party rants about President Obama's "failed" policies that they would be mad as heck at the President. But they were not complaining about President Obama at all. In fact everyone in the room felt that the President was doing a great job with the unprecedented opposition he has had to deal with. I must say the anger at the Republican obstructionists and the disgust at the current GOP presidential candidates was more intense than I was expecting given this age group. In an election year, one has to consider the fact that the other side could possibly win the election. While nobody in that room felt it was remotely possible, they all agreed that any one of the current contenders would be a disastrous choice for America. The conversation ended shortly after a patient at the front desk shushed everyone because he couldn't hear the person at the desk - that's how loud and heated this discussion was.

Quite surprising given the fact they were all in agreement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Can't stop smiling! Thanks for sharing. I hope your health is given a thumbs up!
Lisa

denbec said...

Thanks Lisa! I got a copy of the CT scan and it is very interesting to see for a geek like me. Thankfully I didn't see anything alarming but I'm not a professional. Hopefully my Dr. will find what is causing my discomfort and nothing else.

denbec said...

Oh - and interesting choice of words Lisa considering I've had to have several digital exams to rule out any prostate problems. LOL Now I'm smiling. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL