Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One HD - Under Gauze - With Low Lighting and Fuzz-ness for all

I'm way behind on technology due to a tight financial situation. Everything I have is old, outdated, broken or slow. One item that is high on my list of devices to replace is my TV. I've been eager to get an HDTV but now I'm not sure it's needed. Even with my old 700dpi set (which was the shizzle in it's time) the picture is somewhat "fogged". The set is still working perfectly - it's the broadcast that's been "adjusted".

It seems the folks on TV don't really approve of being seen in crystal clarity. We can see every blemish, imperfection and even a bad makeup job now. So, to protect their image (so to speak), they have resorted to the old blur the screen technique. This seems very counter productive in my opinion. I'm supposed to pay gobs of money for a TV that is stunningly clear, only to have a fuzzy picture. Chelsey Handler - I'm talking to you! But she is only one of the guilty in this crime of technology.

I suppose if I wait a bit more I can get a 3D TV for a reasonable price. But will it be worth it? How long will it be before someone decides they look too fat in 3D and use a picture flattening technique.

For every action - there is a similar reaction.

No comments: