Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Splash Junk

They put a whole lot of technology in cell phones these days making them nothing less than a small, fully functioning computers. But all that technology is completely useless if the device gets wet - even just a little wet. I've even had my cell phone damaged just from sweat while working out at the gym and using it as a music player. It would take very few design changes to make these devices water proof - or at the very least water resistant. People do a lot of recreational activities on or near water - not to mention that cell phones seem magnetically drawn to the toilet somehow. I'm not sure I would want to use my phone after a visit inside the toilet - but at least if it was water resistant I could possibly rinse it off good and then it might be OK.

Did you know they even have a special screw inside phones that indicates if they have come in contact with water? That's so they don't have to pay to fix it if it accidentally got wet. Come on - if you know these things tend to get dunked, make em dunk proofed!

No comments: