Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Phone Has Bad Credit

I receive constant messages from credit collectors on my personal home phone. Oh they are not calling for me, I have somehow always managed to pay my bills on time and have a credit rating in the 800's. So why is my phone ringing all the time? Well, it seems I've had a few past roommates and apparently even neighbors that have some credit problems that somehow are now my problem. All my past roommates have had their own phones and didn't use my number - yet I get calls daily for these people. Why???

Even though I am registered on the "Do Not Call" list it is somehow legal for other people's creditors to call my personal phone and harass me. Worse - its not even people calling most times - but "robocalls" from computer systems over, and over, and over, and over. My home phone line has been rendered useless for me due to this harassment.

Now I ask you, if folks with credit problems don't answer their own phones, what makes collectors think they will answer mine? Has this ever worked??! Am I supposed to call these people or computers back and give them information on people I haven't seen or heard from in years? right.

Now let me be firm - you do NOT! have the right to call my number looking for someone you have cross-referenced to my address. We need a law that says you may only use the contact information listed in that person's account. If they don't answer their phone or email (surprise!) you are out of luck. A better solution than harassing me is to find some other account under that person's name and arrange to have it disabled. Maybe then they will call you back. But please, leave my phone alone!!!

No comments: