Saturday, June 29, 2013

You Can Bank On It


There seems something wrong when there is a bank on 3 out of 4 corners at a major intersection.  It occurs a lot on major intersections here in S. Florida.  Another thing that is bothering me about the banks is that that shortly after the "too big to fail" crisis, we suddenly started seeing a LOT of small banks with names - or just letters - that were not familiar.  The marketing behind this must be that we now like "little" banks and feel safer putting our money there.  However, I suspect that all these little banks are all owned by just 2 or 3 large bank corporations.  So many are fooled by marketing - it's sad.  I'll stick to my Credit Union where I don't necessarily feel my money is any safer - but where I don't pay any fees.  Your marketing magic has no effect on me.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly! When we moved out to AZ in November, we opened a Chase account to my severe and loud objections only because husband wanted a bank close to the office. He finally decided it was too hot to ride the Motorcycle to the office anymore and checked on interest rates for another vehicle loan. The credit union less than a mile from our house had a great deal for 2.99%. I went to apply and they approved me on the spot and I opened an account that day. My husband was furious but when I showed him the MATH, he had to give in and tell me I was correct! We've decided not to close the Chase account but I'm moving all of our bill-pays over to the credit union and he will continue to use Chase for some of his international business transactions. Works for me. I'm so glad I convinced him to switch and he is now driving a brand new Tacoma truck. Mr. Macho Man. ha ha.

Missed your blog Denbec...hope all is good with you!
Cheers from Tucson.
Lisa