Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WHEN it happens again.......

Harry Reid removed the assault weapon ban from the gun legislation being proposed because he didn't think he could possibly get the votes to pass it.  Perhaps not - but when (not if) the next unfortunate mass shooting occurs, we COULD have said we tried.

I believe in the right to bear arms.  I am from a family of hunters and also believe in self defense.  We can have rights and limits at the same time - they can co-exist.  When the gun lobby is more powerful than the government - we have a problem.  America slips further into the darkness when Senators value their jobs over the lives of their fellow citizens.  This is wrong.  Terribly wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The news that Reid took the assault weapon ban off the senate bill made me so mad; I couldn't believe it! Why does he do this?

Peace would be great in this country.

Lisa in Tucson

denbec said...

Piers Morgan suggested that they should release the pictures of the slaughtered children to show the result of these WMD's. I don't think that is a good idea. However, I think every Senator who is voting on this issue should be forced to view them.