Wednesday, January 23, 2013

President Obama Makes History Again

I finally had the opportunity to watch the Presidents inaugural speech for his 2nd term and it was wonderful!  I couldn't let this historic week pass without mentioning in my blog how proud I am to be a gay American in this time and how proud I am to have a sitting President recognize our struggle for equality.  The Stonewall riots were indeed the beginning of the gay civil rights movement and we have come a long way - but we can't be equal until we share the same rights as every other American.  President Obama has taken a gigantic step in that direction and with the support of others like him I'm certain that one day soon we will find equality for all - including gays, women, and minorities of every type - to be the undisputed American way.

Thank you President Obama!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While we've settled into our new home, I've missed everything with the inauguration. So disappointed that I couldn't watch it. Our tv wasn't set up for days. This weekend will be the first in 3 to have nearly everything in its place and I think naps might be in order! Or taking some time to watch the speech and some of the festivities that we missed. Peace to ALL Americans. Cheers!