Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bush Defect-ors

I've been watching the Republican National Convention because I like to hear both sides of the story. I'm amazed at how differently they see the world as opposed to the way Democrats see it. But that's not the point of this article. What I find most interesting about the convention is that so many of the speakers have said that the country is on the wrong track (something Dems do agree with) and that John McCain is the man to save the day. But these are the same people who voted for President Bush twice and vehemently supported him through all his bad policies and judgements. Now (NOW?!) they are saying , well, maybe he wasn't right on a lot of things after all. Here is a little secret I'd like to share with the Republican party: You do not need to "stand by your man" when you KNOW he is leading the country on the wrong path. You do not need to vote for your candidate again when you KNOW he will continue the bad policies you already witnessed in the first term. Partisan politics is not the American way - or at least it shouldn't be. We must all vote for the best person for the job - even if they might be on the other ticket. I live by this rule.

John McCain is a good man - but I do believe that Obama has a better plan for the future of America. I hope some Republicans will see this too and vote accordingly. That said, I'm thankful that we do not have any bad candidates this election. President Bush should never have had a 2nd term but either of these candidates can do the job and do it well.

No comments: