Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bags Are a Blessing

Who ever decided that bagless vacuum cleaners were an improvement? I was sucked into buying one (pun intended) by cleaver marketing and I curse the day I did. Before when the bag was full I simply removed it, threw it away and installed a new one in minutes. Now I have to take the machine outside (to keep the dust from going back into the room), empty its contents into an old plastic shopping bag (Bagless?), throw that out while choking on the flying dust, take the clogged filter out and clean it with a hose, let it dry (or it will mold) and then put it back together hours later. This is progress?

In the ads for these machines the brightly colored "stuff" they vacuum up looks so neat flying around in circles. Real dirt and dog hair? Not so cute.

A better solution would be to leave the bag in - but make them standard so that all machines use the same one. Then you wouldn't have a hard time finding the right one for your machine. That would be progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dennis this is so crazy cause I did just that tonite. lol. Emptied out my bagless in to my trash can (big mistake) and got dust all over. Then had to go outside in the freezing ass cold weather to bang all dust outta the filter.
I found you on myspace so you gotta add me. About two weeks ago I pulled out that CD of the class reunion and showed it to Rhea. That's where the myspace pic is from. Keep in touch man.
Tracy Lee